Photo courtesy Lauren D. Sylvester
We hope this site has provided the information you need, but as an additional resource, we've compiled a few questions that we sometimes receive.
Still have a question? Use our Contact Us page, and we'll be happy to respond!
- Are there events year round?
- Each season finds something special, whether it's the popular Farmers Market in Summer, Halloween decorations in the Fall, Music in the Park, Holidays in the Village, or more. See more about events here.
- How do I get to Main Street?
- It's easy. We have maps and directions here.
- How long does a visit take?
- Depends on what you want to do. A visit to one location may be short, a leisurely walk around the village may take an hour or so. And, there's lots more to do nearby!
- Can new businesses looking for a location get help?
- Yes, we're happy to assist. Check our business assistance page.
- What's special about Lawrenceville?
- Quite a lot. In fact, we've prepared a special page just on this. Read it to understand our special strengths and advantages.
- What is Weeden Park?
- It's a friendly spot for visitors and residents to enjoy a quiet moment or participate in special events. Read about it here.
- Is Main Street a government program?
- Lawrenceville Main Street is a non-profit local civic improvement organization with its own directors and volunteers. It is recognized by, and observes the principles of, the New Jersey Main Street program in the State Department of Community Affairs, and the Main Street Center in the National Trust for Historic Preservation. Our funding is locally raised. For information on supporting us, go here.
- Why was the Main Street program started here?
- Initially, it was because of empty storefronts and a desire to revitalize the village center. Now it is a broader effort benefiting the Lawrence Township community, working closely with major partners. See our progress in pictures here.